About Face Theatre is currently accepting submissions of new full-length plays for OUT FRONT: Babes On Stage, a showcase of readings of new and developmental works by LGBTQA women-identified playwrights. Submissions for this series are open until December 31, 2017.
Submissions for BABES ON STAGE have closed. We will be announcing the selected plays by March 2018.
Please send a PDF of your full script to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line BABES ON STAGE-[Play title],[author name] (e.g. “BABES ON STAGE-A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry”), and title the pdf [PLAY TITLE][Author last name] (e.g. “A RAISIN IN THE SUN Hansberry.pdf”).
Accompanying your script, please attach a brief 1-to-2-paragraph bio, giving some of your own background as well as any production history for the play, and list any prior commitments you have in April or May of 2018
While PDF scripts are preferred, if absolutely necessary we will accept paper script submissions to 5252 N Broadway, 2nd floor, ATTN: Literary.
Any further questions can be directed to the literary office (email@example.com)
We are still accepting submissions not related to Babes on Stage for future Out Front Series or Mainstage seasons. You may submit your play according to the following guidelines:
Query Submission – TITLE OF YOUR PLAY, Your Name (e.g. MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM, William Shakespeare)
In a single PDF document attached to your email, please include the following:
- The title of your play, your name, and your contact information
- One-page synopsis of your play including relevant information such as casting requirements, genre, plot, etc.
- Production history, beginning with the year the play was written
- List of upcoming productions
- Short bio for yourself, and contact information for you and your agent (if applicable)
- A ten page sample of the play that you think best represents the work as whole. Should we be interested in your piece, we will contact you for the full text.
Please include your play title (without beginning articles such as a, an, or the) and your last name in the name of your PDF file (e.g. MidsummerNightsDreamSHAKESPEARE.pdf).
- The best times to submit materials and/or submission inquiries are July through November in order to be considered for the following season. (i.e. July – November 2014 submissions will be considered for the 2015-2016 season).
- In addition to the script or script sample, your submission should include a query letter, your contact information, brief synopsis, character breakdown, and any relevant production history.
- Please do not call the Artistic Director, Megan Carney.
- Any further questions should also be directed to the Literary Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that our priority at this time is submissions for OUT FRONT: Babes On Stage. While other submissions will be reviewed in due time, we may not be able to review them and respond until later in 2018.