Possible Research Topics
- What is the LGBT history of your school? Your county? Your state?
- Research a historical LGBT figure who has influenced policy in your state.
- Is this person generally known as LGBT? Why or why not? What about the historical context for gender and sexuality during their lifetime might inform this?
- What legislation is currently affecting LGBT populations around you? Were LGBT people involved in making those decisions?
- In prose or poetry, what does your gender mean to you? How do you identify, and what does that identity mean to you?
- If you could model yourself after any three people, who would those people be? How do they influence your understanding of your gender?
- Think of someone you have loved. Can you describe that love? What factors contribute to it? Does anything complicate it?